Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mouse Problem

1.  Stan laughed today like a hyper monkey.

2.  Stan started doing the voice dialing thing again...like...slowly and clearly pronouncing each word like a command.  Cept, remember, his phone does not have voice dialing.

3.  There was snow on the road and I decided to be nice and offer a ride to the grocery store or WalMart so he could get stuff.  He drives a sedan and I thought he might have trouble getting out.

Me: "Do you need or want to go to WalMart or the grocery store or anything?  Anything at all?  Like batteries?"  Notice how I'm hinting that he should get batteries for his mouse.
Stan: "Nope.  Don't need anything after I took that wired mouse from upstairs.  Gotta think outside the box."

Now...I think...it's quite rude to steal from your landlady.  Especially since he's gone and made her computer useless.  When he can use his trackpad.  But, that's just me.

4.  I opened my cabinet and found mouse poop on the shelf.  

Me: "Yo, we have a mouse problem."
Stan: "How can you tell?"
Me: "Mouse poop.  Look."

I removed my box of crackers from the shelf and the open pack had several crackers that were gnawed away.

Stan: "Yup, that would be the culprit."

I moved other stuff around so we could see if anything else was eaten.  Also, I wanted to clean the mouse poop away from the shelf and my stuff.

Me: *moving a metal can and glass jar away and looking at the bottom of each*
Stan: "I don't think mice will eat through that *with attitude*."
Me: "...I'm looking for poop, dude."
Stan: "Oh."
Me: "Oh well."
Stan: "Did you find any open packages?"
Me: "....You mean....besides....the crackers...?"
Stan: "....Yeah, the crackers."
Me: "......ok....Well, also, I have no idea what this piece of plastic is for.  Looks like it was part of the heater."
Stan: "Yeah.  I don't know.  Maybe part of the refridgerator or the heater.  *looks away at heater* Yeah it was part of the heater."
Me: "..."
Stan: *walks away like he's going to solve the mouse problem, only to talk to his family about something entirely different*

No comments: