Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Big Macs

Yesterday, a young manager at work sat with Stan and I for lunch.  We somehow ended up on the topic of McDonalds.  The YM told us that one of the greatest combinations he had ever seen was the limited tim Double Big Mac Combo.  It's 2 Big Mac's for really cheap.  He always needed a drink, so he also got the Sweet Tea.  The same YM said that he could never finish 2 Big Mac's, so he saved one for dinner for the next day.  Of course, after lunch, we all went back to work.  I ended up home earlier than Stan (as usual, since he likes to wait and sit around/do nothing), but when he did get home, we had our confrontation about him doing dishes.  He had claimed that he hadn't eaten his dinner yet, and that was why he couldn't do the dishes.  Yet...there he was...holding a bag from McDonalds.  You can guess what was inside.  Yes, he had gotten the Double Big Mac combo with a Sweet Tea.

That was yesterday.  Now, what's particularly boggling is what happened today:
Stan: "Oh wow, that was amazing!"
Me: "..."
Stan: "I discovered the greatest thing ever!"
Me: "...Ok, first of all, you're 6 feet away, you can stop yelling."
Stan: "You can get a Double Big Mac combo and a Sweet Tea for really cheap and it keeps for a day!  So good."
Me: "....Yeah...you definitely did not discover that since the young manager told us that yesterday at lunch.  And he recommended that we try it."
Stan: "No.  No.  I discovered it.  He talked about it, but I went out and found the truth.  This is what I do at work too; people may tell me things or how to do something, but I'm the one who does everything."
Me: "..."

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.  When our internet wasn't working, I tried for 3 days on the router and software side to get them fixed.  When Stan showed up, he had no idea how to do anything, so he called his grandfather, who told him how to wire up and test everything on the house side of the connection.  After he got a working connection, he ended his conversation with his grandfather, and I went and configured everything to work with the routers and software since he had no idea what he was doing.  For example, the router/modem that we used had a very weak wifi signal, so I connected a stronger router to it and configured passwords and everything.  The router called for a 128 bit password, and only a 128 bit password.  Stan's computer could not recognize 128 bit passwords and kept popping up with an error message saying that the password was too long for a 64 bit key.  He came over and asked me 5 times why it was screwed up and if I was doing anything wrong.  Eventually, I had to show him the process of what I did and prove to him that he had to use a 128 bit password.  

Anyway, we did get the internet working.  When we found out the next day that every person who lived there and worked at our office could never get the internet working, he didn't hesitate to say that he fixed it.

I think...on the last post of this blog...I will reveal identities.  Either that or when I know I won't see him again.

2 comments:

Richardson said...

i actually wish my grandfather knows about computers as much as his..

but aside from that, just make sure Stan isn't obnoxious enough to google his own name and find this blog

Anonymous said...

damn man....

at least hes confident in what he doesnt do?


and to answer your comment sir, if he googled any conversation you two had, sorry man, but youre boned.