Thursday, September 13, 2007

Guiltless

Yeah...so...I totally...do not feel guilty about this blog anymore.  Reason follows

Stan and I realized that the toilet was not flushing.  I had gone to the bathroom right before I went to work and it didn't flush fully.  He confirmed that it hadn't flushed fully when he had gone before I did.  He said he'd buy a plunger on the way back home from work.  

Stan: "So I'll drop by WalMart and get one."
Me: "Great."
Stan: "How was your shower last night?"
Me: "Fine...normal."
After a minute of awkward silence I realized that this was not related to the flushing/plumbing problem as I thought...he was actually trying to have a conversation based on my shower.
Me: "Was the shower normal this morning?"
Stan: "I don't know, I didn't shower yet."
He had to be at work in like 30 minutes....work is a 15-20 minute drive, and he hadn't started breakfast yet.
Me: "Ok, I gotta go."

I come back home and there's a smoldering fire in the backyard.  
Stan: "Yeah, our landlady just burns all of her boxes since they take so much room...and I'm watching to make sure the fire burns ok.  I like fire."
Me: "That's great, listen, don't you think it's extremely wasteful that she burns the boxes?  They're recyclable..."
Stan: *Shrug* "It's her house."
Me: *thinking* "Wow...worst logic ever...because it's still our environment...and house."
Me: *spoken* "...Ok, I'm going inside."

So here is why I don't feel guilty anymore.  Stan did get a plunger as he said he would, and he managed to get the toilet working again.  

Me: "Yeah, dude it's really not a HUGE deal.  I'm sure our landlady would understand if we used one of her bathrooms in the actual house...especially since she's not here most of the time...and one upstairs does actually work.  I mean, we want OUR toilet fixed, but if the situation calls for it..."
Stan: "Right.  I just want our own fixed."
Me: *thinking* "I just said that."

*20 Minutes Later*
Stan walked by on the phone...and I paused my music to watch a video online.  During that silence
Stan: "Yeah, so [My Name] was against fixing the toilet, he just wanted to use one of the landlord's.  But I was like 'NO, that's not right, we need to fix it.'  So I did."
Me: *thinking* "Wtf...I cannot believe...you just told a bold-faced lie.  Man...fuck you...so much crap about you, it's ridiculous."

I actually will tell him about this blog when it's not needed anymore.  I really don't care.

*edit*
Almost forgot.  Stan shaves about every morning.  With an electric razor.  And he does this ridiculously hideous thing where he shaves over the sink, but lets the hair sit there.  All day.  And it's a lot of hair, so I kinda doubt he's shaving just his face.  Dude is hairy...I have seen him without a shirt on.  Anyway, he did this once...then he shaved over the garbage bag...which I thought he would keep doing.  Nope...he went back to over the sink and leaving the hair there.  So I confronted him about it.

Me: "Stan, you really need to wash the hair down the sink.  It's gross."
Stan: "*defensive* But it's an electric razor!  It's supposed to catch all of it! *points to the "catching strip*"
Me: ".....*mumble* what the fuck is wrong with this kid *in normal voice* Yeah...well..it's clearly NOT working...and it's gross."
Stan: "...Ok...I'll do that."

Stan also drove to the "biggest [something in the state we're in]," but he decided to park far away from it and walk over.  When he got there, he found the scenic overlook/parking lot.  On the highway.  The one he had to take to get there.

*end edit*

2 comments:

Richardson said...

the catching strip OBVIOUSLY doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!